LEARNING & COMMUNITY PROJECTS
PAPER REBELLION (OCTOBER 2017-MAY 2018)
Current project working with KS3 students at The Commandery in Worcester using collage and book making.
TWO SIDES OF THE SEVERN (FEBRUARY – MARCH 2017)
A Wenlock Poetry Festival project in collaboration with poet Jean Atkin. School children produced collaborative collage pieces to illustrate their poetry.
COLOUR ME PURPLE (OCTOBER 2016 – ongoing)
Read about the project here.
BETWEEN THE LINES (JULY 2016)
Developed and facilitated a text art workshop developed in collaboration with Meadow Arts to run alongside the Never Judge A Book exhibition in Hay-on-Wye
FOREST OF IMAGINATION (JUNE 2016)
Hosted a ‘Tree of Words’ family workshop at Forest of Imagination
WILD WENLOCK, WENLOCK POETRY FESTIVAL (APRIL 2015)
Created and hosted a weekend installation for children and families; a miniature art & craft village with teepees that play audio of local authors reading poetry and stories.
ULLAPOOL COMMUNITY TRUST (FEB 2013)
Facilitated drop-in sewing workshops with the public as part of an energy efficiency community day.
COME TO YOUR SENSES (2010-2012)
Project mapping sense of place through a variety of creative techniques and interventions. Collaboration with Laura Sorvala.
COLLAGE NOW (JUNE-JULY 2017)
Group exhibition at Shrewsbury’s Visual Arts Network gallery
ELSEWHERE (SEPTEMBER 2016)
Joint exhibition with Sam Brett-Atkin at Shrewsbury’s Bear Steps Gallery
FOUND (APRIL 2015-MAY 2015)
Exhibition of collaged poetry at The Bird’s Nest Café, Shrewsbury Market
PAINTING WITH WORDS Exhibition (MARCH 2015–APRIL 2015)
Group exhibition at the Willow Gallery, Oswestry, Shropshire
EMERGING ARTIST AND MAKERS (FEB 2014)
Group exhibition at Twenty Twenty Gallery, Much Wenlock, Shropshire
MADE IN CALGARY (OCTOBER 2013)
Group exhibition at Calgary Art in Nature, Isle of Mull
DO, UNDO, REDO (MARCH 2013)
Group exhibition at An Talla Solais
PUBLICATIONS & SCREENINGS
• Poem published in Visual Verse (2016)
• Poems published in pamphlet for Shropshire charity Friends of Conakry Refuge
• Poems published in Home & Belonging pamphlet for Shropshire charity Stay
• Found (2014): my self published pamphlet of found poems
• Filmpoem Lines of Flight screened in ’emerging’ category at 2014 festival in Antwerp
• Poem-photo collaboration with Cat Lupton published in Earthlines, issue 7 (women & nature issue) 2013
CREDENTIALS AND EDUCATION
• Portfolio Course Bridge House Art, Ullapool, Scotland (2012–13)
• Relational Dynamics Coaching Certificate, Lancaster (2012)
• The Creative Practitioner, Sussex University (four weekend course, 2010)
• MA Design Futures, Goldsmiths University (2008 – 9)
• BA Graphic Communication, Cardiff School of Art & Design (2002–2005)